Friday, May 28, 2010

Urban Typography

image from: http://thoughtbucket.tumblr.com/post/5536133/urban-typography

This poster was designed by Jason Drakeford at 2007. Jason is a art director at Razorfish New York and freelance as a film/animation director in Brooklyn.

I remembered the brief we have done before, typographic journey, once I saw this. In that brief we should create an alphabet using inspiration found in the city, which is exactly what this post showing. This alphabet created by the sharps between sky and the roofs of the buildings, it shows the a city in a different view.

From that poster I totally understand a quote by Proust " The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeing new landscapes, but in having new eyes." Which is exploring places that I know but with an open perspective to see everything that may have otherwise over looked. This perspective really open my eyes, make notice more things around me and a better respect and understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment